Am I A Candidate?
Although most patients who visit our offices are LASIK candidates, every person has a unique set of eyes, much like your fingerprint or DNA. For this reason, there is no definitive answer as to whether LASIK is an option for you without a LASIK examination. We advise that if you are in considering laser vision correction, you schedule a no-cost consultation appointment at either of our Chicago LASIK locations.
Although we strongly recommend having a complimentary consultation, here are some general guidelines to consider if you are thinking about LASIK:
- You should be at least 18 years old, in good health, and have realistic expectations of what LASIK surgery can provide.
- Your vision should be stable (little to no change in your prescription) for at least one year.
- You have healthy corneas with no visible scarring.
- You should not be nursing or pregnant on the date of the procedure. If you are still nursing, we recommend waiting six months until you consider having LASIK surgery.
- You must have gone one year without an eye infection or injury.
- You must not be affected by an autoimmune disorder, such as Sjogren's Syndrome, Lupus, or HIV.
- You should not have a history of herpes infections in the eye, as LASIK may bring on a recurrence.
- You should understand the risks of LASIK surgery
If you have any questions about your laser vision correction candidacy, or would like to set up your complimentary consultation, please feel free to call or call (312) 265-3400.